Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Single Ladies Finale: My take on Val

I love the new Vh1 show Single Ladies... its like the Modern-day Soap Opera. It shows successful women both white and black struggling with relationships. Although I watched the premiere, I missed a couple shows, so don't judge me, only my loose fitting opinions.

Soooo my mouth gaped wide open as I watched Val wake up next to Quinn. I saw that coming though with her heavy drinking the night before at the restaurant, in which she should'nt have even gone. It was just way too soon. He grew excited even as she quickly regretted the several hours before that she couldn't at all remember. When he proposed, I closely watched her face, she being so eager for a ring, she at first seemed thrilled that someone finally proposed to her, but not at all interested in the guy who proposed. At this moment I was thinking Damn she's getting what she wants but not with who she wants it with. Very contrary to being with Jerry who she loves, but he only wanted to commit without the official ring, wedding, and title. He is a 3x divorcee, which is very understandable. He obviously doesn't fear commitment, he just now wants one that doesn't come with a dead bolt lock that has to be hacksawed open if the relationship fails. Maybe divorce for him was very painful. After last weeks episode, I felt like Val was truly giving up a good man for a fairy tale. Who says that marriage is necessary in order to live "Happily Ever After"? Her man had very few flaws, he even begged to help her out with the clean-up after her party. What man does that? I deemed Val clueless after she broke off their relationship. I agreed with her intern and Derrick when they said she is a disaster when it comes to relationships. But then I retracted that statement, well just a tad bit, when Jerry agreed with her that she would be sacrificing her dream for him and resent him. There are some things worth settling for, but not ones where you have to force happiness. So back to Quinn, he proposes, Val looks dumbfounded. I'm sure she quickly thought about settling, maybe, perhaps, *knock at the door* oh gosh who may that be in the middle of getting proposed to in the nude she ponders. Well I might as well go see, since I don't quite want to give an answer to Quinn.<<< my words not hers. After peeping through the peep hole, I definitely wouldn't have opened the door. There would've been countless excuses that I would have chosen from to tell him after I had both got rid of Quinn and of course rid myself of shame. You're in your birthday suit under a sheet for God sakes. And you left a desperate naked man in your bedroom on one knee. Helloooo! Well, she really wanting Jerry, opens the door after clumsy bumping into it, making him aware that she is indeed home. He goes down on one knee while expressing his love for her and willingness to give in to her dream. Quinn please stay put. Jerry pulls out a small box and opens it up to a ring. Ahhhhhh Yes! Yes! Yes! Nooooo! Quinn walks out of the bedroom and appears behind Val. 0.150 seconds later, Jerry closes the ring box, gets out of stance and simply walks away without saying a single word. Whyyyyyyy. I hope you like my sound effects. Lol. Uhhh I can't wait until next season.